COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“Love Brews Here” Valentine’s Day Competition
1. This Competition is organised and conducted by Ciro Full Service Beverage Company Proprietary Limited, a subsidiary of AVI Limited (“Promoter”).
2. The Competition will start at the time that the Competition post is first published on Thursday, 1 February 2024 and close at 12h00 on Thursday, 1 February 2024. Entries received after the date and time of closing will be not considered.
WHO CAN ENTER?
3. Participants must be 18 (eighteen) years or older and have a valid identity document or passport and reside in the Republic of South Africa during the period of the Competition, up to and including the dates of determination of the winner and prize redemption dates (“Participants”/“you”/“your”).
4. Participants may not enter or receive a prize if they are directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants of the Promoter, their subsidiaries, holding companies, divisions and/or associated companies or of the advertising or promotion agencies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, or their spouses, life partners, immediate family members or business partners.
5. By entering this Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Rules”), which will be interpreted by the Promoter and the Promoter’s decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
HOW TO ENTER
6. To enter, Participants must share their most memorable and heart-warming coffee date stories with supporting images or video using the hashtags #LoveBrewsHere #CiroCoffeeDate, on either the comment section of the Ciro Facebook page at https://web.facebook.com/CiroCoffeeBoutique, or the Ciro Instagram account at @cirocoffeeboutique, or by way of a story post or news feed post on the Participant’s own Facebook page or Instagram account, and tag Ciro using the handle @cirocoffeeboutique.
7. Entries are limited to 1 (one) per Participant.
8. Entries must be relevant to the theme stipulated to be eligible to go into the draw.
9. The winner will be determined by a random draw done as set out below.
10. Incomplete, irrelevant, or incorrect entries will not be eligible to be considered.
11. Participants are responsible for their own costs of connecting to the internet. No responsibility is accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received, or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or failure on the part of your service provider. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
12. 1 (one) winner will be selected in accordance with these terms and conditions and that winner will be entitled to 1 (one) prize.
13. The prize consists of a dinner for 2 (two), including the participant and an additional person of the participant’s choosing, to the value of R1 500.00 (One Thousand Five Hundred Rand) only.
14. The prize is non-transferable or redeemable for cash.
15. The restaurant at which the prize will be redeemable will be selected by the Promoter in its sole discretion. This restaurant will be selected based on various factors, including but not limited to, the physical location of the winner.
16. On final determination of the winner, a list of potential restaurants will be shared. The winner will have the option to
select a restaurant and the date and time for the dinner. Selection of the restaurant, date, and time will be subject to
availability at such restaurant.
17. The prize may differ from that shown on the promotional material and shall be subject to availability and in the
Promoter’ sole discretion to select same.
18. The Promoter reserve the right to substitute a prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prize
promoted not be available for any reason.
19. The prize does not cover any other costs of the winner whatsoever.
DETERMINATION OF WINNER
20. The Promoter will review all entries received and will select 6 (six) finalists. The winner will then be determined from
these 6 (six) finalists by a random draw done as soon as reasonably possible after the close of the Competition,
depending on circumstances.
21. The potential winner will be contacted by the Promoter by email and/or direct message to relevant social media
accounts, as soon as reasonably possible after the determination of the potential prize winner takes place.
Participants are advised to monitor their email and social media accounts (and message requests) for any such
notifications and ensure that their settings allow them to receive direct messages from the Promoter, failing which,
the prize may be forfeited.
22. The Promoter will make 4 (four) attempts to contact and notify the selected potential winner. If a selected potential
winner does not respond to the notification and/or direct message by contacting the Promoter within 72 (seventy two)
hours after first being contacted, or if after first being contacted by the Promoter, is not reachable, or the
winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize, the potential winner will
forfeit the prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the remaining qualifying Participants. This process shall
continue until the final winner has been contacted and the prize has been awarded in terms of these terms and
23. The winner will only be contacted by the Promotor’s official email or social media pages. The Promotor is in no
way liable for any damages or losses suffered by a Participant who is contacted by or engages with any fake
account purporting to represent the Promotor. Participants are encouraged to report any suspicious accounts.
24. Once the winner has been finally determined the Promoter will make an announcement on the Promoter’s website
and/or its social media pages. The winner’s names will be announced in writing on the Promoter’s website and/or
social media pages.
25. Once the Promoter has successfully contacted the potential winner, the potential winner will be required to furnish
the Promoter with their full name and identity number in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and may be required
to answer questions as required in terms of the Consumer Protection Act before being confirmed as a winner.
26. The Promoter reserve the right to select an alternative winner if they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion,
that: (i) a winner is not eligible to win; (ii) a winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions; (iii) a winner
has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Competition; (iv) a winner's conduct can be reasonably
interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the Competition; (v) a winner has acted fraudulently with
regards to the Competition; (vi) it would be unlawful to award the prize; or (vii) if the winner fails to accept the prize
after 3 (three) attempts for any reason whatsoever, or if after first being contacted by the Promoter, is not reachable,
or the winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to verify the entry or to hand over the
prize. In these instances, the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. The Promoter’s decision shall be final,
and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. The prize winner may be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of their prize in terms of the Consumer
Protection Act. If the prize consists of cash, then proof of payment to the account, details of which will be provided
by the winner, will constitute proof of receipt.
RESTRICTIONS ON CONTENT
28. The Promoter reserves the right to remove from its social media pages any content uploaded should the content be
deemed unsuitable by the Promoter. All content may be re-shared (or published) by the Promotor in its own
29. Any comments, captions or other material uploaded by Participants do not necessarily reflect the Promoter’ views
or ideals. The Promoter does not warrant the accuracy of any statement made by Participants.
30. Comments, captions, or images that are uploaded, if applicable, must be original.
31. Participants participate at their own risk and take responsibility for all comments, captions, and images under their
social media accounts.
32. Comments, captions, or images cannot violate the copyright or other rights of any third party.
33. Comments, captions, or images cannot include inappropriate, offensive, illegal, or obscene material or gestures (e.g.,
hate speech or pornographic images).
34. Comments, captions, or images cannot disparage, reflect poorly upon, or otherwise adversely affect the goodwill
and/or reputation of the Promoter.
35. Comments, captions, or images must be relevant to the theme of the Competition.
36. Comments, captions, or images determined by the Promoter in their sole discretion to be in violation of the
preceding criteria will be void and will not result in Competition entry.
GRANTING OF RIGHTS
37. Participation in the Competition will require for example that your name and/or social media accounts be
displayed on the Website or the Promoter’s social media pages without any liability to the Promoter or
remuneration due to the winner. SHOULD YOU NOT AGREE THERETO, DO NOT ENTER THE COMPETITION.
38. The Participant grants to the Promoter the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free,
transferable, sub-licensable right and license to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce and/or otherwise exploit the
caption or image in any manner and in all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised,
without further notice or any compensation to Participant. Participant further agrees, upon the Promoter’ request
and without compensation, to sign all necessary and appropriate documents to effect, perfect or record such grant
of license rights.
PUBLICITY AND DATA PRIVACY
39. Other than stipulated above, the winner has the right to decline permission to use their name or image in marketing
material or participate in any marketing activity. Should the winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, the Promoter
may publish the winner’s name and images on, including but not limited to, the Promoter’ social media pages or
website, if applicable, without any liability to the Promoter or remuneration due to the winner.
40. By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the
Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for the prize to be delivered to
the prize winner. Such personal information will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of
Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013. Participants who have questions regarding any matter relating to their privacy
or their personal information, or if they believe there has been a breach of their privacy or their personal information,
may either contact the Promoter or, file a request for access to personal information in accordance with the AVI
Manual in terms of Section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, No 2 of 2000 available at
https://www.avi.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Promotion-of-Access-to-Information-Manual.pdf; or, submit
a complaint to the Information Regulator in the prescribed manner and form - (https://justice.gov.za/inforeg/index.html).
41. Should the Participant have elected to receive marketing communication from the Promoter and other AVI Limited
Group brands, the Participant’s contact details will form part of the Promoter’s databases and they will receive
marketing communication on, including but not limited to, upcoming promotions, competitions and offers related
to AVI Limited Group brands. The Participant’s personal information will be shared with the AVI Limited Group
brands and their agents to the extent necessary to ensure they receive this communication either, via email, or SMS,
and for the prize to be delivered to the prize winner for example. Should a Participant wish to remove their details
from this database at any stage, please select the opt-out option made available to you or contact the Promoter’
consumer care lines.
42. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid
any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoter in terms of the laws
of the Republic of South Africa, including but not limited to the Consumer Protection Act, and should any terms or
conditions be found to be in conflict with any laws, they will be severable from the remaining terms and conditions
43. By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the
Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for the prize to be delivered to
the prize winner.
44. All personal information relating to the Participants will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer
and data protection legislation.
Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk, limit the liability of the Promoter and indemnify
the Promoter. Please read them carefully and contact the Promoter if you have any questions!
45. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, reasonably shorten, suspend the duration of the Competition, or
terminate the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for
reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its
prize, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be
applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they
may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against
the Promoter whatsoever.
46. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter.
47. Participants confirm by their entry into the Competition that no social media platforms, including without
limitation, Facebook and/or Instagram, or the restaurant selected for redemption of the prize, are the Promoter
of this Competition, and the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated or
affiliated with any social media platform, or the restaurant selected for the redemption of the prize, and they fully
release all social media platforms and the restaurant selected for the redemption of the prize, from any liability
in connection with this Competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition are to be
directed to the Promoter.
48. The Promoter is not responsible for –
48.1 entries that are lost, late, illegible/garbled, corrupted, misdirected, defective, inaccessible, compromised,
incomplete, damaged, or delayed and all such entries are void and will not result in Competition entry;
48.2 any entry that is not delivered, received, or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or failure on
the part of your service provider. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Participants are responsible for
their own costs of connecting to the internet and/or social media platforms.
49. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold
harmless the Promoter, its associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents,
representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from
participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or
use/misuse of any prize.
50. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage, or costs, suffered by a Participant in relation to this Competition or the prize offered, including but not limited to claims relating to defects in the prize or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants.
51. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered because of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
52. South African law shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
53. By entering this Competition Participants agree to the terms and conditions. A copy of the terms and conditions for this Competition is available on https://www.cirocoffeeboutique.co.za/competiton-terms- conditions.
54. The Promoter is Ciro Full Service Beverage Company Proprietary Limited of 30 Sloane Street, Bryanston, Johannesburg. The Promoter can be contacted at: telephone 0861 40 40 41 (office hours 8.00 am to 4.30 pm weekdays) and on [email protected].