The Three Cup Classic Series used together with the scientifically designed, patented Chemex Bonded Filters, will guarantee that this pour over brewing process will deliver the perfect cup of coffee, without any sediments or bitter elements.
1. Pre-heat Chemex with hot water (note: do not use boiling water).
2. Insert filter paper into neck of Chemex, with multiple folds lined up against the spout.
3. Pour hot water over filter paper to wet and then discard water in cup.
4. PER CUP: Add 3 tablespoons (20g) ground coffee into the filter and gently shake the Chemex to even the grounds.
5. Slowly pour just enough hot water over the grounds to wet them evenly, let sit for 45 seconds to allow the coffee to bloom.
6. PER CUP: Slowly pour 300ml water continuously in a spiraling pattern and allow the water to drain through the filter.
7. Remove the filter paper from the dripper and discard the grounds to serve.
*Recommendation: 1:15 coffee-to-water ratio or 3 tablespoons of coffee for every 300ml cup of water.
CLICK HERE to learn how to brew the perfect cup of filter coffee